Welcome to TNW Fundamentals, a set of suggestions, guides, and recommendation on tips on how to simply get essentially the most out of your devices, apps, and different stuff.
You simply blew your pockets empty on a flashy new monitor. You eagerly awaited its supply, tore by means of the bins like a savage, and rushed to set it up instantly. You swiftly load up your favourite recreation, excited for a brand new excessive FPS expertise. However there’s one thing mistaken.
“WTF,” you exclaim, “issues look precisely the identical.” Does that sound acquainted? Nicely, in that case, you must know that assist for 144Hz (or greater) isn’t enabled by default.
Don’t fear, although, there’s a straightforward option to repair that. The method differs based mostly in your PC configuration, so we’ll undergo each optimizing your settings for Nvidia and AMD graphic playing cards.
Conveniently, Nvidia has included the choice instantly within the driver settings.
- Open the Nvidia driver menu.
- Head to Change Decision tab below the Show choices.
- Subsequent to the Decision window, there’s a Refresh Fee drop-down menu. (PS: In case you have multiple screens, you’ll want to pick the proper one.)
- Open it, you must see the upper body price possibility there (you probably have the fitting cable, however extra on that under).
Growth, you’re completed!
It’s been some time since I’ve had an AMD graphics card, however a Redditor has put collectively a pretty nifty guide on tips on how to allow greater body charges.
- Proper-click in your desktop and choose Show Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Show adapter properties.
- As soon as there, choose Listing All Modes (it’s proper below the Adapter Data window).
- Scroll down till you discover your most well-liked display screen mode (who is aware of, perhaps your monitor helps body charges greater than 144Hz) and choose it.
- As with Nvidia, you’ll have to pick the proper monitor, you probably have multiple.
Just a few extra suggestions
It’s price noting that you just’ll additionally want the fitting cable. So, ensure you have a DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI 2.zero connection to reap the benefits of the complete body price expertise.
I’ve additionally observed that updating Nvidia drivers typically resets the monitor settings, so that you may wish to double-check if that’s the case for you too. The identical goes for AMD drivers, in response to some Redditors.
That’s about it, now go recreation your ass off at these candy excessive body charges.